We made it! I am kind of in shock how much we got done in these short six weeks. And I am so happy with how everything has turned out. It feels like our home expanded by at least double with how much we are able to use our yard now. I just can’t get over it!
I’m going to go ahead and give you guys two reminders of where we came from. This first photo was taken about six months ago, before last fall’s ORC.
This second photo is where we started at the beginning of April at week one.
The concrete and the beginnings of the bar were definitely a step up.
And here is where we are now.
It continues to amaze me how much a lawn and greenery can change the feel of everything.
Before we could truly get to this point, I had to get some plants into our flower boxes. I just felt that even if we didn’t get the whole fence lines landscaped, the flower boxes would really make the backyard feel complete. They tie the upper patio to the rest of the yard so well. So on Saturday morning, my mom and I went to the nursery and went crazy picking out flowers. My only requirements were 1) low plants that wouldn’t obstruct the view and 2) plants that basically can’t die. We did take a little bit of a chance with a couple, but I should be pretty safe with all of the Geraniums and African Daisies.
As soon as we got back, we laid them out so that they would seem random, but that the larger plants sort of anchored the rest of them.
I started planting them and laying out all of the drip lines. No way am I trying to remember to water them. That is a recipe for death for sure. The hubby luckily remembered that we got weed prevention fabric to put down, so I rolled that out as I was planting everything. The dogs were super interested in everything going on.
Once everything was planted, I spread around the mulch and added the drip line pressure emitters. I tried turning the water on without them, and water shot off in every direction. Way too much pressure. Especially since the rest of the line is just capped.
While I was planting all of the flowers, the hubby was working on getting out posts in for our future pergola over the bar. We have some major work to do before we can actually get that completely finish, but they really add a lot with everything we have been able to do.
And….drumroll please. We added a really fun Mexican tile to the inside of the bar! My favorite little detail ever!
And yes, we are fancy and have a wine fridge. Where we are currently storing a mix of beer and water.
And so, now I will leave you with a ton of photos that I couldn’t choose between. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out what everyone else has completed during this round of the One Room Challenge!